Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 2: Research Questions

In our week 2 lab, we brainstormed on different possiblities for out bridge design. We then began to familiarize ourselves with the West Point Bridge Design program and its features as we started designing our first couple bridges. At this point WPBD seems like en excellent program to learn about truss bridge characteristics and design. I find myself enjoying working with this program, and I hope to slowly tune in my bridge designing skilling using it. Before week 3's lab my teammates and I plan to have some bridge designs done for some team analysis to possibly better them. By doing this we hope to be able to combine some of out ideas into 1 final design.

Mr. Jay Bhatt,

1) Where could I find some examples of different truss bridge designs? I would be interested in studying some successful bridges and possibly taking some of their details into consideration when fine tuning my design.

2) What information is out there pertaining to different building materials and how they compare/contrast each other in the bridge building world?

3) Can I find out any information about former Drexel projects of this type? Id be interested to know what paths former students took in completeing their goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment