Thursday, April 5, 2012

Week 1 engineering

This week for Engineering groups were put together and the professor gave everyone an overview for the project. Group 13 composed of Ryan, Dan, and I meet up in lab. I've spent sometime studying with Ryan before so I already know him some. I will have to get to know Dan during the next few weeks. During the next few weeks it'll be important for each of us to research on our own time about bridge designs and to come up with ideas to share with the group. Using the West Point Bridge Design should give the group some ideas on the type of design we want to go with for the weight test near the end of the term. I've used the program before so hopefully I can help the other members if they need help starting. We will each be downloading the program and making a few bridges. Hopefully by sharing these plans we will improve our methods of bridge design. Getting ready for week 2 I'll be looking into the West Point program and the different designs of truss bridges that might be a plan to start basing an early design on. Not sure what all I'm doing with posts since this is the first time I have ever done it. Till the end of the term hopefully I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing and be able to help out with that area a little better. Our group will definitely need to work out some meeting times out of lab. That has been difficult in my previous group experiences and it'd be great to avoid any of those issues.

Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment